Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Financial Reporting, headers, and < >

Working today and ran into an issue I haven't had before. It's worked fine for years but now doesn't. Or, at least it doesn't in the specific version I'm using today (FRS 11.1.2.362).

Anyway, using Financial Reporting Studio to write a report with the HFM Value dimension in the columns. Heading display was set to labels. Run the report and - voila! - no column headers. I checked everything I could think of - color, suppression, size, font, etc. and nothing would make them show. I did a custom header with <Entity Currency> and had the same problem.

Next, I did a custom header and left off the < and > and this time it worked.





Lesson for today: if something you've done for years stops working, it's probably not you but what you're using.